A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

October 27, 2010

Why do I blog?

Why, do someone like me, who hates staying connected on facebook, who despise Twitter, who jabs at kids who uses myspace any chance he gets, blogs? I wonder too...

Maybe...it's because I don't have a job anymore; maybe it's because I have something to say; maybe I just need a place to vent, to rant. I'm not sure anymore, reasons just keeps piling up that I decided to finally use this little cornershop I made over 2 years ago, for my enjoyment, but maybe it could be yours too?

I have pretty much rotted away since I finished my UFE more than a month ago, there is no motivation in my life, there are no goals, no lights, no life, no thinking, etc. All I can say it's that I have joined the ranks of the Hikikomori, and to make matter worse, most Hikikiomori would at least indulge him/herself in some hobby, would be some kind of Otaku. For me, sometimes I get up and could not even motivate myself to play video games, could not motivation myself to pay attention to anime that I used to love so much, and sometimes, I could not even motivate myself to even move.

I sometimes wonder what really happened to me this last year,  I'm not unsociable; I used to be able to make friends with relative ease and would do what normal people do with their friends. I guess...I gradually found that people nowadays are really fake, to upkeep their social status most of them put on this facade that represents who they want to be. I grew sick and tired of playing these games with these people, I found it unappealing to socialize and gradually withdrew from the mainstream, the norm and only kept a handful of "real" friends. I don't really regret it, since I probably would not have been good friends with people I have to play mindgames with, or people who can't be true to me, or even to themselves.

Anime is an escape for me and many other people- life as we know it sucks. I never had a highschool sweetheart or amazing love story; I never went on a heroic journey to discover myself; and I never had the pleasure of piloting a mobile suit. :) My life is boring, uneventful and normal, I'm blessed with a wonderful mother, not dirt poor, and my grades are above average even though I barely put any efforts into them. This kind of stable life breeds boredom, especially since I find socializing so lackluster. So I turned to anime, indulging in stories of journey, of tragedy, of comedy, of romance; stories that these scriptwriters and mangaka pour their heart and soul into (well....most of them do). These stories allow me to escape from this boredom, even for a little while, however....recently I can't even get myself to watch the anime that I have been stockpiling for 2+ seasons, only manage to watch the really highly appraised ones from anime forums.

So why do I blog? Maybe it was all the reasons above, as I write this I realized: maybe it's just a reason for me to get up in the morning, a reasons for me to write down what I feel. This little cafe just allows me to sit at my little corner on the internet, observe the daily events, and leave what I feel. I think at the very least I manage to make use of my time to leave a little something behind everyday so I don't feel like I'm wasting my life away without doing anything.

With that said, this blog will official start as of today (yesterday, whatever). Blogging whatever anime I manage to watch, whatever improvement I manage to get at SC2 and BB:CS, whatever games are coming out that interest me, basically...everything that I manage to care about.

No comments: