A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

February 10, 2011

Tenchou's review- Gosick 5

What are you looking at? Never seen a moe loli before?

I hate you Bones, I really do.

Victorique is way too moe. She's cliche- Gothic Lolita and tsundere, but man did they really bring out her moe-ness with this show or what? Her interactions with Kujo, especially the last bit where she got all deredere over admitting she hides herself when strangers show up, was overwhelming cute. For most of the show so far, she has shown very little emotion in her tone of voice. She gets embarrassed, blushes, occasionally sadness, but mostly with her expression and not her voice. However, in this episode we got to see her completely losing her composure and expressing real emotion with her voice, which to me just made her so much more lovable. If this shows continue down this path, I might have to drop it due to concerns with my mental health (lol).

For the crime itself, finally we get to see something that resembles a little more than some childish crap written in a third-rated mystery novel. Some of the stuff that was revealed in this episode really took me by surprise, especially with the bit about Maxim and Avril. When they said Kuiaran disappeared about eight years ago I had a feeling that Maxim was the thief, and knew Avril was the new Kuiaran, but it did surprised me that Maxim was not related to the real Avril in any way...the real one was being held in that warehouse. I mean...this really sets up a good triangle relationship later on as seen from the previews, and I guess that's why there was a deviation like that. I'm still hoping that the mystery would actually pick up and not be so damn obvious, because the clues are like being picked out of a hat and the viewers really don't get much surprises when the twist is revealed.

Well....onto next week of Moe-detective Victorique~

Again, thanks to Random Curiosity for screencaps.

No comments: