A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

February 23, 2011

Tenchou's review- Gosick 6-7

What's a mystery without an old, beat-up photo?
A double dose of moe-detective incoming! 6-7 covered the start of another arc involving more Victorique back-story, and I have to say so far so good. The mystery and tension really picked up since the start. I love how they diverged into her back-story with a mystery which leads into another mystery. I mean, it's not really a new technique or anything, but I'm a sucker for these things.

As for the story itself, the whole 'murder during festival' thing is pretty played out. I'm not a big fan of it, but I'm glad they did it with Victorique's back story to keep me engaged. In addition to that, BONES managed to balance the moe with the story to really keep the show entertaining. I have to say the last two episodes had been mainly about the story, but I still got my filled of moe nevertheless. I hope BONES can really keep this kind of writing going for the whole two-cour season.

Almost forgot about the little 'prediction' from the elder...The next major 'world' event that happened during that time was the WWII so naturally one would think he was talking about that. But if you really think about it WWII is over 10 years away; there's no way the author will do a long time skip or let up such a good underlying plot twist, so I would say something else would get between the two, possibly Victorique's family. Anyways I can't know for sure but if I have to venture a guess I would say it has nothing to do with WWII.

Not much to say otherwise about these two episodes, since the arc is still ongoing, so I'll leave you with this awesome screencap from episode six:


Again, thanks to Random Curiosity for screencaps.

No comments: