A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

July 7, 2011

Another update...it's like a monthly ritual.

Another month has pretty much rotted away for me, and the process of putting my life back together has been a slow one indeed. This post is more about me than anime/games/sex/girls/music, but it does have to do with the above as that's pretty much all I really care about at this moment.  

Wall-o-text warning!

After finishing Gosick, Madoka, AnoHana, Tegami Bachi 1st season, and a bunch more anime. I really would like to say anime has picked up once again in story and production. After the disaster known as Star Driver, BONES' other anime was great overall, even if it suffered the 'BONES Syndrome'. BONES Syndrome is a disease that commonly affects BONES animes, where the writers fail to realize they only have a limited amount of episodes and had to rush the ending, ruining what could've been a masterpiece. I'm not saying Gosick could've been a masterpiece, but it certainly could've use one extra episode with the ending; so many things were left unexplained and way too many events were crammed into the last two episodes. However, with that said I definitely enjoyed the loli-Sherlock Holmes series, so much that I may even review it...whenever I actually get to reviewing anime again.

Other anime I have watched were AnoHana, which was probably one of the most surprising anime in recent memories, with Madoka being a close second. There are others...but I think I'll save that for when I actually want to review anime.

Awhile back I had decided to write little basic guides for the PC game Vindictus, and maybe it'll help some of the newer Evies that were struggling with the class. However, after what transpired this month I had decided to abandon the project- It's just not worth it. The Vindictus community is filled with ungrateful little brats that can't do anything without someone's help, then bite the hand that feeds because they can. My initial motivation of helping others had been completely replaced by apathy, I still see scrub staffies dying to raidbosses much too often, but they can go fend for themselves for all I care. Also, dealing with these internet brats is a lot more work than real life, because you can easily intimidate kids when you know they are wrong, but it's impossible to intimidate kids who hide behind their little monitors. Most of the time you have to logically slap them in the face multiple times before they realize they are actually dumb.

Speaking of games...My Agarest Zero Special Edition for PS3 has arrived for awhile, and I cannot believe Aksys cheap out so much with all the SE goodies. The cards are the $0.50 China-made cards that snaps in half after 1-2 play-throughs, the Artbook is printed on some crappy recycled paper, the cover box is even worse than those flimsy boxes from NISA, and the goodie box that housed the playing cards felt like some grade-schooler's art project. I was seriously disappointed with Aksys lack of efforts in putting together this failure of a Special Edition, especially after showing what they could do with BlazBlue CT's Special Edition.

I also pre-ordered Catherine ''Love is Over!'' Edition along with Disgaea 4's Prinny Edition when I got my Agarest Zero. With Atlus' dedication to games I have no doubt Catherine's Goodies will be pretty awesome...the only problem is I really did not need the pillow, boxers or the pizzabox...how to deal with them after I get it will be a question I chose to leave for future Tenchou to solve. Also a side note, Catherine's demo will be out next week on PSN, and I recommend trying it out at least once.

With that...I'm going to call it a night, hopefully I'll be able to motivate myself to update this regularly again.

No comments: