A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

November 7, 2010

Tenchou's review- Skip Beat! ch. 166


This is another series I've been following for awhile, I'm well-aware that it is a shoujo series but I'm a sucker for comedic shoujo stuff like this one, or Kaichou wa Maid-sama, or special A. Since the last chapter was a complete disappointment (seriously, who didn't see it coming?), this chapter couldn't go anywhere but up, and of course, it delivered.

We start off back where Ren is completely frozen in his own memories (well actually we started with Kyoko and the director, but nothing really happened), and we now know a bit more about Ren's past, about this guy name Rick. So we knew Ren feels guilty about his death, and the bulk of chapter was spent in Ren's mind, playing out his agony. I don't really have much to say about this part, I mean it's expected but necessary for the story to progress, so I'll leave it at that. However, the ending of the chapter was actually pretty well-done, as I've expected a longer, more drawn out shock from Ren, but it seems Kyoko is just the cure for Ren no matter the poison, the cute, worried face of Kyoko is enough to melt any men's heart, and the heartwarming return smile was equally powerful, enough to snipe out any maiden's heart.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to how Ren's going to explain this one to Kyoko, when she realize Ren is smiling so dearly to her.

No comments: