A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

February 4, 2011

Tenchou's review- Gosick 4

Filling the world with moe, one bite at a time.


Back to our favorite loli-detective Victorique for another week of moe + mystery. This week's episode got off to a great start with Kujo getting arrested for beheading a random biker, leading to Victorique solving another mystery through her excellent deduction skills. Then we were treated with Victorique going Tsuntsun mode on Kujo, and the introduction of Avril into the story. Her immediate interest in Kujo, along with her hand injury bothers me as much as any other viewers, but I think that may all be a smokescreen to cover up what she's really after.

Anyways, the story continued onto the Mummy Knight where once again Victorique solved the mystery amidst the 'chaos'. I have to say this is the first little mystery that I managed to not get right away so kudos to the scriptwriters/author. With that said, the story doesn't seem to end that with Avril sneaking into the tomb to steal an unknown book, then sneaking into the library. I don't think we have enough clues yet for me to figure this out, but I sure hope the clues are subtle like the ones in this episode so I'll at least enjoy the mystery. At this very moment if I had to guess, I would say:

Avril was the true murderer of the biker, who was probably in one way or another obstructing her from achieving her goal. Her goal likely has something to do with the book in the crypt, hence her stealing it, which means she's one way or another related to the dead girl, or the dead knight. 

It's actually kind of vague at the moment...I'm a sucker for these things but I'm terrible at deduction...

I also found out today that Gosick is now officially slated for 24 episodes, two-cour, that means I'll get two full seasons of this awesome show!

Anyways, looking forward to next week's Tsundere Sherlock Holmes!

Again, thanks to Random Curiosity for screencaps.

No comments: