A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

July 12, 2011

Tenchou's journal #1

I have decided to do some of my general blogging under this format instead of separating them into different post...it just looks cleaner and since I don't have too much to say about each topic, it just make more sense.


Alright...I'm not sure if anyone that reads this blog actually play SC2 or watch SC2 tournaments, but the first season of NASL (North American Star League) has just concluded. This is basically a port of the GSL of Korea to NA, with a lucrative $100,000 total prize money to be won ($50,000 USD to first place). So after getting my new ISP service with much-needed upgrade to my bandwidth cap, I pretty watched most of the tournament live via livestream. It was definitely entertaining and worthwhile if you are a StarCraft fan, and congratulation to the winner after a well-fought 7-game series. The link just now also contains my little summary of the Grand Finals, so if you happen to miss the games feel free to read it.


Aside from StarCraft 2, Vindictus is also getting an update soon. In less than twelve hours Vindictus Episode 8 will be live and finally I'll have something to do again in that game aside from bitching about scrubs dying to Thor.


Onto something completely unrelated to gaming; did anyone else caught Foo Fighters on iTunes yesterday? FF was playing in London, England yesterday as part of the iTunes Festival. If you own iTunes you get to watch the concert for free! If you had missed it, sorry about the late heads-up and sorry again because you missed an awesome show! Foo Fighters was pretty unreal yesterday and they pretty much played every song I wanted to hear, except Times Like These and Everlong. They may have played it during the encore but sadly I had made plans for dinner with someone else and had to miss the encore (What? Tenchou actually leaves his house? You serious?). The most awesome moment was definitely when Dave Grohl stopped the entire concert in the middle of Skin and Bones, called out the guy who was starting shit and fighting, cussed him out for a good minute, then kicked him out himself. One of the most awesome moments I've seen in a concert for sure. On a side note, the iTunes staff should really have just slam that "viewer discretion is advised" tag on the bottom instead of trying to censor the swearing. Anyone who knows Foo Fighters knows Dave swears a lot during his shows, and trying to censor him is pretty much impossible. The hilarious attempts at censoring Dave yesterday were both annoying and entertaining at the same time.


Before I forget: Catherine PS3 demo is out today, if you are a fan of puzzle game or anime-style mysterious, or both, do check it out!


Last but not least...somehow I actually managed to find a job, go me?

*Note that the link doesn't actually work yet...I am still typing up the summary*
Update: I have now completed the Recap, go go read it!

No comments: