A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

August 30, 2011

Tenchou's journal #2- I hate working

Long time no see, here's the second entry of tenchou's journal! I know, it's been awhile, but I've been swarmed with work, both professionally and err..un-professionally? Cut me some slack!


First thing I wanna cover, even though its been more than three weeks old, the Foo Fighters concert was UN-FUCKING-REAL! I thought seeing them live @ Virgin Festival a couple years back was freaking amazing, but this blew that one outta the water. So many songs, so much energy, so much fun; it was no fucking wonder that I lost my voice after the show. FF pretty much played most of their new album, with the exception of Miss the Misery, Dear Rosemary (which made me pretty sad panda tbh), and Back and Forth. Even without Dear Rosemary, they played enough awesome old songs like Stacked Actors, This is a call to make it worthwhile. Of course, Dave was funny as hell as always, a blast to see him put on probably the best show I've seen. I am definitely looking forward to the next time they visit TO again...whenever that may be.

Now...onto another rockband I love, the RHCP. Their new album, I'm with you, was released yesterday, so if you haven't gotten it yet, remember to grab a copy tomorrow! Now...this album is definitely different, and definitely not as good as Stadium Arcadium. BUT, that is not to say this album sucks. To be perfectly honest, nothing RHCP put out would be worse than the crap mainstream listens to these days, Justin Bieber, Katie Perry...makes me wonder if the Mayan calendar got this shit right, at least about the music industry. Anyways, their new album is different, definitely because of their new guitarist, Josh Klinghoffer. He's not a bad guitarist, not at all, and he's also pretty good with back-up vocals, but something about his playing style rubs me the wrong way, and his heavy use of distortion certainly didn't help. Overall though, it is an album worth downloading buying.

Putting music aside...I am reminded how little free time I have once I start working again, it sucks. I am not entirely certain why I'm even working as an accountant, other than the fact that I actually have to feed myself. Don't get me wrong, the workplace is not bad, people are nice and I get paid, but that's all, stability in life- boring~

I am not a fan of stability and this kind of never-changing lifestyle, even if I can earn millions, I rather not. Which is why I'm really excited that I finally finished the first volume of my trilogy- THE DEPARTURE. When I say finish though...I meant finish typing up the story, I still have to go back and edit everything so it's actually submittable, then I have to draft a query letter...synopsis...etc etc....so it's gonna be a looooooooooooooooooooooong process before I can even submit it. However, with that said, I am pretty happy with the overall story of the first volume, and I do sincerely believe this is an awesome story. I will probably do more updates in the future as this gets closer and closer to submission quality.

Before I forget...Tenchou also acquired a new awesome computer! an i7 2600k with 8gb ram (dual channel only) with GTX 570 1.2GB...much better than my old one, and long overdue! My old computer is still usable though, and I have found him a new home. Hopefully he'll be as useful as he was for me these past few years. *salute*

Finally...amidst all the accounting, writing and music listening, I managed to finished my new armor set and weapon in Vindictus. It's sexy, slutty and generally awesome, I don't know what else to add so I'll let the picture do my typing for me:


Until next time! Stay classy, people!

No comments: