A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

November 9, 2010

Starcraft-fu!!

So...two major tournament took place recent, and while GSL2 has not yet ended (Finals on Nov 13), the MLG-Dallas or MLG Season 2 has finished with LiquidJinro, playing as Terran taking home the grandprize, and TTOne, Protoss, finishing second. Finally a toss finish near the top, it is good to see that again!


I have not yet seen any games from the finals yet but I have watched a few earlier MLG games casted by Husky, mainly watching SeleCT get merked by Machine, which by the way was really shocking as SeleCT has always been a really entertaining Terran to watch. But Machine outplayed him in both games and it was not even close. I will watch some more games today but since my bandwidth for the period is a little tight I am slowly going through all the replays.

Looking back though many of the big names were taken out early, and the Liquid was again really strong and many of them finished pretty high up there. I heard from a friend that Liquid practices with OGS, which I don't doubt because Liquid themselves are really good, so it's not surprise they might practice with the best of the best. Also, looking forward to the Nov 13 showdown between BoxeR (Foxer)'s marine micro and NesTea, who is arguably the best zerg player from Korea, at the moment.

From a more personal side, I have been playing zerg lately to try out the race, as I feel somewhat dry and unfulfilled from playing 'toss. I concluded yesterday that zerg solo micro is simply too difficult for me, the early game expansion and constant macro pressure I have to apply against my opponent is not a playstyle that really fits me. This aspect of the game changes for teams like 2s or 3s, and I have decided to play zerg for team games, but solo wise I don't think I am able to play that style no matter how hard I tried. So now I'm experimenting with Terran and who knows what's next.

SC2 record update: 3-1 in 2v2s, 2-1 in 3v3s, 1-10 in solo in-house with zerg.

No comments: