A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

November 13, 2010

Tenchou's review- One Piece ch. 604




Mohmoo.....? What a turn of events indeed, instead of getting what I expected as a warm-up battle we get some awkward runaway Seacow from way back when, leaving only the gutless scrub captain on-board. I am interested to see how this will play out as I suspect any attempt from him will probably result in an unsightly beating courtesy of his target.

As for the rest of the chapter, there's no much to say as most of it became a science class with some added OP humour, it wasn't particularly interesting and dragged out a bit too long in my opinion. Also, the stale joke returns as Nami sends Sanji flying yet again~ how many more times do I have to see this, even the Strawhats are getting tired of it, with that said I did giggle at Chopper's comment on the subject: "We should give him rehabilitation with low intensity photos." Indeed Chopper, fix him before he becomes my least favorite Strawhat! (What is a low intensity photo anyways? Short Skirt? One piece dress?) I also got to see my beloved Nami-swan again, however her "assets" were blocked by speech bubbles (sad panda).

Finally, at the end of the chapter we get a glimpse of what pulled me into One Piece in the first place: Luffy's "ideas". After four rather serious and action-packed arc we have a possibility of returning to some major hilarity brought on by Luffy and co. It is pretty obvious he's going to try to tame the Kraken, so this is definitely a good chance for some crazy Luffy stunts that we haven't seen for awhile.

No comments: