A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

November 22, 2010

Tenchou's review- Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai 8

Swear to god this show is going to turn me into a lolicon

It's Monday, yet another review on OreImo! So this week's episode is all about Kirino's LN getting animated (remember last week where I couldn't figure out why the title for the episode was so weird). Anyways, this episode was, for lack of a better word, weak. Kyosuke seems to be too forceful in any matter involving Kirino, and Kuroneko's tsundere behaviour almost seems fake. The atmosphere overall was weak, the anime team gave in too easily, Kirino fainting after the meeting, the list goes on and on about unexplained and inconsistent plot holes, and don't even get me started on the time gap between her LN being recognized, sold, then animated.

The last two episode seem to have taken a turn for the worse, both were very disjointed and lackluster compared to the first half. Usually I would write this review before consulting the forums, because I do not want external opinions affect my first impression of the episode, but I was left dazed and confused after this episode, so much that I immediately went on the forums to try to understand the backstory for this entire LN to anime arc. If you do not mind having part of the original Light Novel spoiled, I suggest reading this post, as it details the last two episode quite well and I was frankly shocked at the deviation from the original, the entire arc is basically anime original, poorly written at that. The original had much more tension and drama compared to the last two episode, not to mention character development. I understand that from light novel to anime there will be changes, omission and alternations, but to change the entire story to me is unacceptable, and the changes were disjointed, poorly written, and uninteresting. I sincerely hope that this will not continue.

This episode, however, is not without it's saving grace. For one thing, Kuroneko's was extremely strong in the episode with her rebuttal, and couple with the above screencap, I have come to the conclusion that this show is trying to turn me into a Lolicon. They failed with Nagi, Shana, Asuz-nyan, and all the other lolis before and after, and now they are trying extra hard with this and it's getting more and more difficult to fight the urge (lol). However, I will not admit defeat just yet,I swear I will continue this fruitless fight against becoming just another lolicon Otaku, breast for life!

Again, the above screencap was taken from Random Curiosity, thank you again and go check them out if you haven't!

No comments: