A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

November 23, 2010

Tenchou's review Special- Amagami Rihoko arc

But...but this is my arc, how can you do this to me?

I don't, and won't do this often, I was planning to review this entire anime after it finishes, but having just finished the Rihoko arc I simply cannot stay silent. This is horseshit! I said it. Done deal.

The purpose of the Omnibus format is to do each heroine justice, but giving them a chance to tell their own story, that is also why there was so many critics that bitch about this format as you know the heroine gets the guy, therefore it lacks tension and drama of a merged story, like Kanon. I have no idea if the director heard this and decided "I'll show them", or maybe he's just not thinking straight, but to friendzone the main heroine in her own arc? That is absurd, and even though I'm not a big fan of Rihoko (never been a huge fan of clumsy natural airheads), she was still moe and cute in her own right, has a fan-base, and I heard from somewhere she's the third most popular among the six. I think the rage of her fan base can be described in the following video, another dub on "Downfall":




Jokes aside, this arc likely have been shafted to make the last arc, the cover heroine, look better, but seriously, to get friendzoned in your own arc, that is just not cool. The arc had barely any romantic development,  no emotional attachment, and even though Jun'ichi was less perverted than his previous four reincarnations, it can't even be consider a selling point as the arc itself was pretty empty. I can't even properly express my discontent about the way they handled this arc, let alone those that are actually part of the Rihoko faction. 

Again, thanks to Random Curiosity for the screencap!

No comments: