A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

December 8, 2010

Tenchou's review- Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai 10

Baka onii-chan!

Ah~what a disappointment! The episode itself was not bad, pretty entertaining and all, but I was so looking forward to Saori, Kirino and Kuroneko in maid uniforms cosplaying last week, even the title last week was so misleading (Q_Q). Well, at least this week was pretty good, and judging from next week's title, they can't possibly screw me out of my fantasy now!

Now back to this week's OreImo, Ayase the yandere makes her return! After pissing off Kirino with some careless and unintentional comments, she was determined enough to ask Kyosuke for birthday present advice. It seems like my prediction was off, or maybe the writers took it the other direction, but Ayase seems to still despise Kyosuke and still thinks he's a full-out otaku, which is disappointing. Afterwards though, I have no idea why Kyosuke would even attempt to ask Kirino for an answer; anything relating to Kyosuke turns on her Tsuntsun mode to maximum, you would think Kyosuke would've learned by now. We did get to see a tiny glimpse of her dere after the slap, but what does this mean?? I remember a few reviews ago I theorized the cause of the "rift" between Brosuke and Kirino, but after this slap and the Christmas event, I have a better grip of characters and would like to edit my prediction:  

Kirino admires her brother to the point where she loves her brother, but being brought up in a very strict and proper family, also they are blood-related drove all her hopes to be crushed. This is likely coupled with Kyosuke's failure to realize her feelings (probably attributed her affection to sibling-love, you know, like a normal person), this change her "love" to "hate".

Anyways, the present-hunting event was relatively uneventful except Saori suggesting doujinshis as a present, which I laughed a little. However, who in their right mind would suggest doujinshis to a middle-schooler, seriously, am I the only one who thinks this is wrong? The second meeting between Kyosuke and Ayase was definitely the highlight of the episode, and Ayase going all Chuck Norris on Kyosuke and served him a nice round-house kick! Much deserved in my opinion, Kyosuke has been spending too much time with the gang, asking a middle schooler to wear bare-back, sexy costume is just as wrong as the doujinshi, especially a male high-schooler asking her; probably the first physical abuse that Kyosuke deserved all series.

The competition itself wasn't all that interesting, just Kirino being all creepy again, "oh my nose is bleeding..." The Otaku's dance was pretty funny though but it is also the reason I would not go to an ani-con. I'm not saying I would look down on these people because they are so into it, it's more like I'm not into it enough that I could dress like that, dance, have fun and immerse myself into it, I would feel way out of place. I actually admire how brave these people who would wear anime shirts, carry a giant anime paperbag (frequent sight when I was in Japan), or even carry their favorite anime girl pillow all around town. I have almost no regards for anyone else's opinion of me, but I do have to display a minimum level of social standard because I would like to be employed and be able to function in the society without being completely isolated. These people have completely disregarded the society and live in their own world, move at their pace, and enjoy their lives. I would like to live like that, where I can just do my own thing (not necessary as an Otaku, but I am not exactly the mainstream type), but I'm unfortunately I'm too broke for that, so I have somehow make end meets and part of that requires me to at least interact with mainstream people and be able to carry-on a basic conversation.

Well, that was way off-topic, but the episode was overall pretty entertaining and again much better than 7 and 8, and obviously there's no way I would not look forward next week's episode.
 
Again, thanks to Random Curiosity for screencaps.

No comments: